An exciting new opportunity has arisen within my Asset management client for an IT Analyst based in London on a Permanent basis. Coming from a financial services background is a necessity.
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Start date: ASAP
You will be providing intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for Mainframe-, Client Server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems, under supervision of a more senior developer.
You will be part of a business facing IT team to deliver new solutions to the business, and supporting business case development by helping to size implementation effort and cost.
You will be able to build thought leadership and expertise around best-practice solution design and implementation, and comply with defined code and documentation standards, including peer reviews.
You will understand/review functional specifications and translate into program specifications, and you'll be able to translate business requirements into program specifications and write code from the functional description.
- Carry out 3rd Line support as required
- A good grounding in Equities
- Knowledge of at least one, or more high-level programming languages (.Net, C#, VB, Java etc.)
- SQL and relational databases
- UNIX/*NIX command line
- Understanding of workflow based logic
- Conducts automated testing of code, including functionality, technical limitations, and security
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies
- Experience in an Agile software development process