This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a FTSE 100 business for a 12 month maternity cover.
- Provide financial leadership and support (including advice, insight and challenge) to the CIO, the global IT team including the Transformation Director and the Capital Projects Director.
- Partner with the CIO and Global IT team to provide proactive insightful financial recommendations.
- Support and undertake forecasting and modelling to help analyse the impact of scenarios on future savings, cash flow and other key metrics, to inform decisions.
- Assess the commercial viability of investment decisions, articulate financial risks and opportunities and review and challenge budgets for planned expenditure of key IT projects and Unify
- Review and challenge post-investment appraisals of key IT initiatives and Unify
Reporting and Controlling
- Act as a centre of excellence for accounting, reporting and all financial aspects of IT and global Capex
- Manage the IT and Unify cost bases - this encompasses reviewing and challenging the various project leads and departmental managers' costs for their various projects and cost centres (whether capitalised or expensed) and ensuring the costs are properly controlled and continually compared with the amount approved/budgeted
- Manage the timely and accurate production of clear and understandable monthly reports, forecasts, annual budgets and ten-year strategic plans for the IT function, Unify and Capex to group and relevant sponsors
- Make formal and informal presentations to senior leaders on monthly results, forecasts and plans as required
- Have oversight of the processes and controls around cost management, budgeting and recharges for IT and advise/implement improvements
- Partner with all functions and levels within the business to understand activities and priorities, whilst being proactive and engaging collaboratively to drive improvement in financial performance
- Ensure team members are equipped to perform their tasks including systems familiarity and training as appropriate
- Take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience acting as a Finance Business Partner to IT functions
- Experience managing Capex
- Experience with management reporting and budgeting
- Experience driving process improvement