JAVA DEVELOPER, BIG DATA, HIVE, PIG, SPARK SQL
I have an exciting new opportunity for a Java Developer based in London on a Permanent basis, working for my client who is a fast-growing global professional services firm at the forefront of innovation, which is transforming how its clients grow and operate their businesses.
Start date: ASAP
You will be able to develop cutting edge applications to achieve high-volume/availability/performance and/or low-latency.
You will be designing and integrating the best-in-field technology solutions in collaborative teams made up of colleagues and clients.
You will be contributing to all phases of the development life cycle and shaping how clients respond to the ever-changing and complex environment within BFSI.
- Previous experience of working for a firm within Banking/Financial Services/Insurance/Asset Management/Wealth Management
- Extensive, hands-on experience in Java Development using Java 1.7/1.8
- Worked within Unix/Linux environment in the cloud and on premises
- Experience with automation (Jenkins and Ansible) and version control (Git/Github)
- Hands-on knowledge of Big Data environments - Hadoop (Sqoop/Hive/Pig/Spark)
- Skilled with Hive - UDFs and Hive QL for dataset analysis
- Strong foundation in SDLC, core features of Java and when to use them
If you feel that you are a suitable match for this role please send your CV over to (see below)