Position: Junior Management Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant
We are looking for a Junior Management accountant to help with the management accounting and financial control processes across the Group.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the person will have high levels of interaction with the employees in our global offices, which currently include the UK, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand and the US.
This is a newly created position as a result of the strong growth of the company.
Your speciﬁc responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Finance Manager and Group Accountant with the preparation of management accounts for the Group, including:
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations; and
- Profit and loss account analysis
- Prepare weekly cash reports to show the cash position of the group
- Assist the Finance Manager in dealing with audit and due diligence queries
- Assisting the accounts payable, accounts receivable and international payroll teams as required
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting assistance to the Finance Manager and wider financial control team.
The role would suit someone that is looking to quickly expand their accounting skills and grow professionally as part of a small, fast moving team.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a finance role
- Strong academic background
- Studying CIMA or local equivalent
- A good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Very strong verbal and written business English
- Detail orientated and accurate
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Experience in multi-currency transactions across international entities and advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills - willing to interact with all types of personalities
- Experience of fast-growing tech start-ups strongly preferred