Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Administration - Preparing / collating / coordinating papers for Risk meetings and getting meeting papers ready for the rest of the team (i.e. printing off papers, coordinating the closure of any actions that are the responsibility of the Risk team, distributing papers to attendees);
- Data Input - Updating the risk system (Wynyard) with regards to Risk and Control Self-Assessments and Risk Events;
- Report production - Extracting data from the risk system and producing summary reports for workshops led by other members of the team (i.e. RCSAs, Outstanding Actions Reports and Risk Heatmaps);
- Reporting - Completing the initial drafts for Group Reporting templates (under supervision);
- Action Tracking - Maintaining the actions log, adding new actions, tracking progress, liaising with action owners for updates and producing status update MI;
- Internal Audit Action Tracking - Liaising with the business to get updates and producing MI reports;
- Reporting - Developing and automating the production of Risk Reporting (accuracy and timeliness will be critical); and
- Analysis - Undertaking risk analysis under supervision (the amount of this will depend on the experience of the successful candidate);
- Supporting - As part of the Risk Team, support the delivery of advice and guidance on risk management that fosters a risk aware, well controlled business;
- Learning - Developing your understanding of the business and risk management practices within Quilter Investors in order to enhance processes within the team and to provide advice and guidance to the wider business.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Organised - Strong organisational skills the ability to manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities while delivering on promises;
- Proactive - A self-starter who is able to work independently under pressure and to take the initiative;
- Diligence - To be focused and to care about the quality of your work;
- Curiosity - A strong desire to ask questions, to absorb information and to learn in order to understand the business;
- Team player - ability to work within a team, to collaborate and support the existing team and to maintain focus on the common goal.
- Interpersonal skills - Strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
- Analytical skills - Having the ability to analyse issues and formulate options for resolving problems; and
- Persistence - A preparedness to persevere to get the right outcome.
Also, match our values:
- Stronger together
Desirable to be qualified to degree level or equivalent, but not essential.
Professional qualifications in Investment Management and/or Risk Management would be of particular relevance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Knowledge and experience of investment management and/or risk management would be advantageous;
* Experience of data analysis and the creation of MI Reporting;
* Strong IT skills (in particular Excel and the ability to source and manipulate large quantities of data); and
* Experience of managing a high workload with flexibility.