Senior SOC Analyst
About the role:
An exciting opportunity at a leading international investment bank has arisen for a Senior SOC Analyst, to work within a dedicated CSOC function, investigating and managing complex attacks, mitigating the damage of the attack and escalating the remediation of the event.
Working within a dynamic environment, along side a group of industry experts, you will be tasked with the operation of security and intrusion detection.
- Work with CSOC Principal Manager to better security operations and address identified deficiencies.
- You will be acting as direct line of contact, for advanced security incidents.
- You will be identifying attacks from both internal and external sources on a global scale.
- You will be tasked with supporting enhancement, development and distribution of monitoring and responding methods and processes to reduce all risks.
- Will be communicating about the risks associated with detected events on both technical and non-technical layers to senior stakeholders.
- You will be identifying malware and attacks and analysing event data that are generated from endpoints, IDS, MPS, proxies and network devices.
- Establishing and delivering methods/tools which will provide real value for the organisation by reducing risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- You must have a comprehensive understanding of security techniques and technologies such as Intrusion detection, Proxies & URL Filtering, Intelligence Fusion, Sandbox and Threat Analysis.
- Have an extensive understanding of different security processes and technologies including Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Security monitoring and Vulnerability assessment.
- Good knowledge in Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis techniques and tools.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.