A leading retail commercial bank is looking for a Lawyer to join their Customer Banking Legal team in either their London, Bristol or Edinburgh Office. Hybrid working arrangement
In the role, you will:
- Act as a source of professional legal expertise and trusted advisor to stakeholders including Products, Risk, Marketing, Digital, Operations, Collections & Recoveries, Change and Rectifications.
- Provide advice on new product development, legal and regulatory developments, digital adoption, terms and conditions, marketing, operational queries and all legal issues related to the bank’s personal and business banking products as well as our range of 3rd party offers.
- Maintain an awareness of external legal developments and how these affect the business.
- Provide legal advice to support delivery of bank-wide projects.
- Contribute to reporting and escalation of legal or governance issues inputting to recommended solutions as required.
- Build and maintain an internal network and stakeholder relationships.
Skills and Experience:
- Be a qualified lawyer in Scotland or England, ideally with around one to four years post qualification experience, though other levels of experience will be considered.
- Have financial services products/regulatory legal knowledge and/or in house experience. Payments, consumer credit and/or mortgages experience would be beneficial.
- Possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Have the ability to provide pragmatic legal advice and proactively offer legally compliant and customer-focussed solutions.
- Be able to manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Up to £56,350 plus excellent benefits
- Hybrid working arrangement
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.