A Tier 1 Bank in London is seeking a Lead Business Manager on a permanent. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management for all Direct Costs, Charged Costs and Headcount across Cybersecurity.
Purpose of the role:
The Lead Business Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of all Direct costs, Charged costs and Headcount across Cybersecurity including liaison and relationships with Management, Sub-Function heads; Finance; MI; Reforecasting and planning. The Lead Business Manager will be reporting directly in to the COO for cybersecurity.
- Act as subject matter expert for Finance issues in the function.
- Understand and manage Direct costs; Customer charges to the Function, and Governed Charges from the order book to other parts of the bank.
- Production of Financial MI packs (working with the central MI team as appropriate) and commentary for various audiences and contribution to other reporting as required and charges to other areas of the bank.
- Analysis of monthly variance for customer charges, governed charges and direct costs, and provision of variance explanations.
- Coordinate Billing queries and provide feedback on solutions
- Planning coordination - Target setting, management, reporting and communications
- Planning - ensuring that direct cost types planned for are reflected correctly in the AOP
- Oversight of monthly accruals process
- Management of financial aspects of boundary transfers, cost centre moves etc
- Manage and review internal process regularly to ensure consistency and quality
- Headcount management and forecasting, management of hiring pipeline and approval process
To apply for the role, it is essential you have both a significant Hands on experience in managing finances and a strong Business Manager skill set in addition to a strong skill set of:
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, third party consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with proven experience working in a matrix management structure and building and maintaining global team relationships
- Evidence of delivery in a similar role within a complex, global organisation
- Experience of IT delivery in Investment Banking
- Excellent influencer and stakeholder management skills
My client is looking to fill this role asap and candidates who match the above requirements are encouraged to submit their CV without delay.