A well known bank are looking to recruit an M&A Tax Manager to join their London office.
- Support the provision of Group Tax transactional tax technical advice and documentation reviews, mitigating residual tax risks, and ensuring ongoing compliance with the Group’s Tax Principles Policy. Approvals of new product and complex transactions.
- Assess and mitigate tax risks of all new products and complex trades, including cross border issues, jurisdictional tax avoidance regulations and tax evasion, with its associated tax evasion reputational and regulatory risk.
- Monitor relevant global tax developments (esp. across EU and US) and keep front office teams’ knowledge and awareness up to date (and relevant functions such as Legal and Portfolio Management).
- Assist in broad variety wider Group Tax projects – e.g. from internal and external tax reporting; to business and function restructuring; to scoping change in law impacts
- review transactions, and undertake the first review of new products often to tight transaction deadlines
- advise on queries relating to transaction legal documentation (e.g. facility agreements and derivative contracts)
- maintain front and middle office tax guidance and assist with provision of coaching on tax matters
- liaise with other Group Tax teams, e.g., VAT and Transfer Pricing and overseas colleagues,
- provide technical support to Operational Tax Teams and Financial Crime
- assist with the embedding of the Tax Principles Policy by Front Office teams including monitoring compliance; designing appropriate Management Information; and testing controls
- support Group Tax colleagues on ad hoc projects as required.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.