A leading tech company focused on location intelligence is looking to bring on a Machine Learning Engineer to their team in NYC. As a member of the engineering team, you will bring experience building real products from the ground up. You are someone that has a passion about tackling tough challenges in the location space and is someone who looks for others who like to dive deep into code and help solve hard problems. You should be comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform. They use a variety of tools, technologies, and languages to build software (Scala, Thrift, MongoDB, Memcached, JS/jQuery, Kafka, Pants, Hadoop, MR, Spark).
Since their inception, they have been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real world lives. The company has a thriving media and enterprise product and is taking the next steps in their business to expand their infrastructure and expand their offerings.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will research improvements in data collection, feature engineering, and algorithmic optimization. You will also work on implementing your models in production systems and data pipelines.
Come and join one of the top tech startups in NYC and impact the future of location services!
- Masters (preferred PhD degree) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning.
- Strong knowledge of ML techniques including both supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, regression, and optimization
- Proficiency in statistics
- Experience working with large, complex and diverse data sets from a variety of sources
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of engineers and data scientists
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Scala
- Experience with Hadoop, scalding, spark, or similar framework a plus