A leading, global media business are looking for a proactive and outgoing Management Accountant to join the team on a 12 months fixed term basis.
The Management Accountant with be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely management accounts on a monthly basis and the management of day to day queries from the wider business, as well as full function budgeting and forecasting with liaison through various internal stakeholders.
- Prepare annual budget figures for assigned line items in accordance with issued guidelines. Input to rolling reforecast and Budget as required.
- Explain variances to prior year and previous forecasts as required
- Review assigned P&Ls on a monthly basis
- Provide written commentaries to Management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month
- Maintaining excellent relations with senior management, acting as the main finance point of contact, responding effectively to reporting or ad hoc technical queries and resolving any issues
- Prepare the weekly KPI & monthly Flash reports, ensuring accuracy, and issue within the required time frame for review.
- Able to demonstrate examples of proactively engaging, guiding, supporting and recommending solutions to improve profit performance, the transparency of performance and key processes
- Extensive knowledge working with Excel
- Experience of producing variance analysis and commentary
- Experience of accounting for work in progress; preferably within a media environment