I'm currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a multi-site leisure business.
The role has focus of management accounting and forecasting of the commercial activities to Gross Profit within the P&L including sales & cost of sales reconciliation for all sales channels, working closely with commercial teams on reporting revenue and costs accurately and efficiently. Transactions with the commercial activities are typically governed by supporting systems, this role will provide insight into differences between underlying systems and the finance system
This role works closely with and supports the Commercial FP&A Business Partner where required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILTIES OF THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
- To assist the financial controller in managing the month end accounts production & reporting cycle
- Support the management and coordination of management accountants monthly deliverables
- Act as principal management accountant contact to the operations implementation manager/operations business partner regarding site performance, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts.
- Review assigned line items on a monthly basis, and determine whether an accrual/prepayment is necessary.
- Ensure AP postings have been correctly allocated to relevant line items and cost centres
- Provide written commentaries to Management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations for assigned lines on a monthly basis
- Review assigned Area P&Ls on a monthly basis
- Improve the monthly reporting of Marketing activities to ensure the financial performance of all initiatives have visibility
- Ensure systems are in place to accurately account for all new marketing initiatives
- Prepare the weekly KPI & monthly Flash reports ensuring accuracy and issued to within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare any other relevant weekly reporting ensuring they are accurate and issued to within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare annual budget figures for assigned line items in accordance with issued guidelines
- Preview review documents for assigned lines explaining variances to prior year.
They are looking for someone who is fully qualified and has experience in working in a retail, leisure or hospitality business.