A leading multi site retail and leisure business is looking to recruit a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA candidate to join its finance function.
You will be tasked to produce timely and accurate management information in accordance with specified monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
The role has responsibility for management accounting and forecasting of specific site level costs, as well as a number of other costs within the P&L. The roles focus is to offer control and also insight over those lines of the profit and loss and balance sheet to allow the business make informed decisions based on accurate and efficient reporting of site and non site cost lines.
This role works closely with relevant FP&A Business Partners where required.
- Act as principal management accountant contact to the Operations and Facilities Team around the relevant cost lines in the profit and loss, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts
- Collaborate with FPA & business partners to deliver financial insight to relevant stakeholders
- Review assigned line items on a monthly basis, and determine whether an accrual/prepayment is necessary.
- Review assigned Area P&Ls on a monthly basis.
- Explanation of variances to budget and FC around R&M and P&L lines
- Provide written commentaries to Management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month.
- Ensure all postings have been correctly allocated to relevant line items and cost centres.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations for assigned lines on a monthly basis focus on Fixed Assets.
- Improve the monthly reporting of Retail activities to ensure the financial performance of all initiatives have visibility
- Report Head Office costs for areas of responsibility
- Prepare the weekly KPI & monthly Flash reports, ensuring accuracy, and issue within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare any other relevant weekly reporting ensuring reports are accurate and issued within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare annual budget figures for assigned line items in accordance with issued guidelines. Input to rolling reforecast and Budget as required.
- Explain variances to prior year and previous forecasts as required
Year end - November
- Complete detailed Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Provide auditors with commentary on P&L movements and respond to queries as they arise
- Assist with the preparation of the year end stats as required
- Complete the year end process within the agreed timelines
Controls and procedures
- Ensure all company processes and procedures are followed
- Ensure an accurate procedure manual, for key management accounts processes, is kept up-to-date on an on-going basis
Finance reporting for designated areas and/or head office
- Assist the management accounts team and financial controller in reviewing monthly P&Ls for all individual sites within the designated areas
- Assist with providing accurate and timely Monthly P&Ls and transaction listings to the designated Areas on a monthly basis. This includes writing commentaries explaining variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Provide accurate and timely P&L and monthly information on Payroll and postings.
The business is a market leader in the sector and continues to be acquisitive. You will be commercially aware with a management accounting background, ideally with previous multi-site experience.