I'm currently recruiting for a Management Accountant. 3- 4 month contract, £300-350 per day.
The role of the Management Accountant will focus on maintaining the fixed asset register and capital expenditure as well as working closely with relevant FP&A Business Partners.
- Act as principal management accountant contact to the Operations and Facilities Team around the relevant cost lines in the profit and loss, including explanation of differences to budgets and forecasts.
- Collaborate with FPA & business partners to deliver financial insight to relevant stakeholders
- Reviews assigned line items on a monthly basis, and determine whether an accrual/prepayment is necessary.
- Review assigned Area P&Ls on a monthly basis.
- Explanation of variances to budget and FC around R&M and P&L lines
- Provide written commentaries to Management on variances to budget, forecast and prior year regarding any anomalies each month.
- Ensure all postings have been correctly allocated to relevant line items and cost centres.
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations for assigned lines on a monthly basis focus on Fixed Assets.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register, including capitalizing new assets, running depreciation and accruing costs where applicable.
- Improve the monthly reporting of Capex activities to ensure the financial performance of all initiatives have visibility
- Report Head Office costs for areas of responsibility
- Prepare the weekly KPI & monthly Flash reports, ensuring accuracy, and issue within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare any other relevant weekly reporting ensuring reports are accurate and issued within the required time frame for review.
- Prepare annual budget figures for assigned line items in accordance with issued guidelines. Input to rolling reforecast and Budget as required.
- Explain variances to prior year and previous forecasts as required
They are looking for candidates who are fully qualified and have experience in prepare management accounts as well as fixed asset / capital expenditure experience.