This new position will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for our internal finances, from inputting transactions to producing management accounts with variance analysis.
They will also work in close coordination with budget holders and produce a consolidate monthly cashflow for both the London and New York companies.
- Consolidating group management accounts and group cash flow forecast.
- Produce accurate monthly financial statements with variance analysis.
- Input purchase and sales ledger transactions
- Bank reconciliations and preparing bank transfers
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Contribute to annual budgeting & planning process.
- Conduct monthly reviews with budget holders ensuring significant variances are flagged accordingly
- Post and prepare month end accruals for deferred revenue, prepayments and other relevant journals.
- Liaising with external accountants to assist in financial year end
- AD HOC duties including investment database management.
- Keen to work in a start-up environment, curious and eager to learn
- Organised with the attention to detail required to consistently create accurate and timely reports
- Enjoys the challenges of a busy and proactive environment
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambitious, independent and able to take ownership of your responsibilities
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Part qualified/qualified preferred but essential that candidate has previous experience of preparing management accounts.