Management Accountant- Sales and Margin, initial 2 month contract, £250-£275 per day. Immediate start.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for accurate calculation and analysis of sales and margins across all areas of the business for inclusion in the monthly management accounts. To provide full support to the business on sales and margins. Responsible for overseeing the cash to sales receipts analysis for the Online store. In addition preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax computations.
Key Responsibilities of the Management Accountant
- Ensure all month end journals are calculated and processed accurately and on a timely basis. Liaise with each of the sites, head office merchandisers, purchase ledger, sales ledger and finance department colleagues.
- Responsible for the calculation and analysis of fashion, food and hospitality sales and margins for the stores and restaurants. Provide commentary and variance analysis for sales and margins in the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare and distribute a detailed monthly breakdown of food & hospitality sales, margins and profits to all hospitality managers. Investigate variances and respond to queries as appropriate.
- Account for all stock movements and ensure the accuracy of all stock information in the general ledger.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are reconciled on a monthly basis, with issues resolved on a timely basis.
- Compilation of monthly Sales Receipt Analysis prepared by the sites' cash offices and posting to the general ledger. To liaise with the cash offices and other personnel where necessary to investigate discrepancies on their submitted Sales Receipt Analysis.
- To be responsible for bank, credit card, petty cash and till float balance reconciliations.
They are looking for candidates with month end experience ideally from a retail background. must be able to start ASAP.