Looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join a global sports marketing company, initially on contract basis with intention to offer permanent employment. This role will be responsible for managing financial reporting and management accounting function.
Start date is ASAP and able to wait up to 1 months’ notice for the right person.
This role will be managing the monthly close and reporting process, including the month and year end management and statutory reporting, VAT returns, tax declarations/returns, delivering the monthly forecast and annual budget, and working closely with other areas of the business and key clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the financial control environment including weekly cashflow, event cash management, events budgets and scenario forecasting highlighting risks, post even analysis of revenue and costs, prepare monthly performance packs and business partnering to senior management to support key business decisions.
- Manage month end close processes including preparing P&L, reconciled revenue schedules, project cost accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly performance and variance analysis, and present to senior management.
- Manage annual budget process liaising with key stakeholders and provide analysis to support budget assumptions and inputs, bonus calculations/ tracking, and model ad hoc analysis to support commercial decisions.
- Responsible for control and compliance with review of contract and future billing schedules, review customer and supplier invoices, preparation and submission of VAT returns and corporate tax returns.
- Support year-end financial returns and audit
- Process improvement and support wider finance team with business initiatives
The ideal person for this role will be fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent) with strong experience working in a similar role, a minimum of 1-2 years post qualified experience. Confident communication skills is essential for this role as you will be business partnering with non-finance areas of the business and senior stakeholders. Experience working for a multi-national company would also be beneficial.
If this sounds like something of interest then please apply directly to find out more!
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.