Finance Manager-Planning & Reporting
Working within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial retail environment, this varied role is responsible for the reporting, forecasting, budgeting and controlling of specific costs for the business. The role demands the development of collaborative working relationships across all teams within the Head Office (CSO) and Distribution Centre (DC), including working closely with senior management personnel.
- Responsibility for period end journals relating to CSO costs (including marketing and payroll) and the DC, ensuring any variances to plan are fully understood through discussion with relevant business partners
- Provide meaningful commentary on the P&L both within the month end pack and by presenting to the Planning Finance Manager during "flash reviews"
- Production and review of the Irish entity's management accounts for presentation to the Planning Finance Manager
- Production of retail sales pack for distribution to the business
- Responsibility for the maintenance of rolling business forecasts for areas within responsibility, liaising with relevant business partners to ensure the most accurate forward-looking view is obtained
- Ownership of the annual budget for CSO Costs and the DC
- Rigorous review of business partner assumptions and challenging these where appropriate
- Preparation of board presentation packs
- Ownership of analytical commentary in relation to CSO and DC
- Ad-hoc analysis supporting the business as the need arises
- Co-ordinating with business partners to ensure that spending is proactively managed against budget and providing them with all necessary support to understand performance
- Working with the business on cost control/initiatives in relation to CSO and the DC
- Continually seek ways to improve financial processes and how we use our systems
- Ad-hoc support to the Finance Manager as required.