TITLE – MARKETING CATEGORY MANAGER
SALARY – £50-60K, 10% Bonus+ CAR ALLOWANCE AND BENEFITS
LOCATION – Slough – Flexible working
We are looking for a Marketing Category Manager to join a Multinational Telecommunications company! They are one of the world’s most innovative digital companies, and able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for them , too.
As a Marketing Category Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing a Marketing category plan which delivers your stakeholders’ requirements for third party goods and services whilst minimising whole life costs and mitigating commercial and operational risk. You will work closely with technical, finance & legal colleagues in the UK to formalise those commercial and contractual requirements and with Group Procurement colleagues to agree and deliver appropriate sourcing and negotiation strategies.
You will do/be:
- Develop and implement the Marketing category plan, in alignment with key UK & Liberty Global stakeholders, that delivers operational requirements, meets budget & savings challenges and mitigates against external & internal risks.
- Develop category strategies which address spend & budget data, the current & potential supplier base and which consider all potential levers (including demand and specification management) to reduce cost and drive improved performance.
- Implement and continuously review “living” category plans that remain aligned to company, stakeholder and Procurement objectives
- Monitor and analyse the relevant supply market to understand best industry practice and ensure that VMO2 is best positioned to maximise its business opportunities and minimise its business risk.
- Lead the development of specific contract and supplier plans in the relevant category and lead their implementation as part of the VMO2’s sourcing / supplier management process.
- Lead the delivery of cost saving initiatives by working in close cooperation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, prioritise and maintain a pipeline of cost saving opportunities within that category.
Sourcing & Purchase Management
- Run complex and high-value sourcing activities in compliance with relevant sourcing policy & guidelines whilst leveraging international opportunities through our parent organisations.
- Manage stakeholder engagement up to WLT Level in the UK and with the relevant Category leads within LG.
- Utilise category knowledge to create negotiation strategies & targets in cooperation with UK and corporate stakeholders.
- Fully utilise O2 UK’s Ariba & GEP e-sourcing tools and capability (e-RFPs, e-auctions, workflow management and reporting)..
- Lead local negotiations and represent UK Procurement alongside LG in Global processes.
- Work with the UK Legal team to ensure that awarded contracts are formalised with suppliers and that the contract is accurately registered in the relevant contract register and enabled for ordering through eProcurement systems.
Contract & Supplier Management
- Manage the in-life contract & supplier management activity in relation to specified contracts & suppliers within the Marketing directorate.
- ???????Ensure contract compliance by ensuring that contract risk assessments are completed and Contract owners identified in accordance with the Commercial Contract Management (CCM) guidelines.
- Act as the commercial interface for the management of all contracts within the category with responsibility for leading supplier negotiations on all new commercial risks and opportunities, working in conjunction with the operational Contract Owners.
- Working with stakeholders to create and deliver agreed account strategies for all key suppliers and ensuring these strategies sit within a suitably tailored supplier management framework
- Supporting & guiding the stakeholders in relation to commercial risks and opportunities that may arise with non-key suppliers on an ad hoc basis.
- Act as the commercial interface for all suppliers within the category
- Identifying the commercial benefit (e.g. cost reductions & process improvements) opportunities arising from those supplier relationships. Leading opportunities and resulting from commercial supplier interaction at executive level.
- Work regularly with stakeholders up to WLT level to ensure commercial opportunities are maximised and risks managed within a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Understand stakeholder strategy and motivation and ensure they are reflected in the strategic category planning and in the day to day conversations.
Bold, objective and creative communication with stakeholders, challenging as necessary and working through issues to ensure a convergence of objectives.
- Understand the global context and apply knowledge to the benefit of VMO2 and other group businesses. This will include working with senior UK & global stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategy and engagement of multiple teams to ensure the delivery of successful procurement projects.
- Working with and alongside VMO2 Finance and Legal, delivering a cohesive decision making process and a smooth end to end procurement service to the business.
??????Strong and proven commercial acumen, with a track record of delivering exceptional value from supplier relationships
At least 3 years’ experience of:
- developing category, budget and supplier strategies
- running eCommerce applications and substantive sourcing events within blue-chip organisations
- negotiating pricing & contract terms
- managing the commercial elements arising from contract implementation, amendments, extensions, and disputes with a nominated range of suppliers.
- Experience of using management information from ERP and Purchasing systems
- Good contract law knowledge
- Good analytical and Desktop skills
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and influence suppliers and internal stakeholders at the highest level ???????
- Strong stakeholder management skills: The ability to engage and influence stakeholders internally and externally
- Good man management skills
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.