TITLE – MENTORING MANAGER
SALARY – £28,500-29,5000
LOCATION – CITY OF LONDON (HYBRID WORKING)
We’re looking for a Mentoring Manager to join the team to recruit, train, monitor and supervise mentors sourced from the local community in East London. These mentors commit to providing 1-2 hours face to face per week for a minimum of 12 months with their allocated mentee. This role is with our partner charity, XLP who are a youth work charity working to create positive futures for young people and at the cutting edge of tackling poverty and educational failure in inner London. They deliver holistic, long-term work with young people aged 11 to 25 in schools and communities.
You will do/be:
- Manage a caseload of up to 20 active 1:1 mentee/mentor relationships at any one time;
- Work with local community organisations and networks to recruit volunteer mentors;
- Work with schools, community stakeholders and the wider XLP team to identify young beneficiaries for mentoring;
- Build relationships with parents/families/guardians and assess a young person’s needs and appropriateness for the programme via home visits;
- Provide training to mentors and carefully match them with young people;
- Provide ongoing support to mentors throughout the programme and assist in creating exit strategies upon conclusion;
- When matches cannot be found, mentor young people yourself;
- Work with local schools to deliver group mentoring sessions;
- Facilitate social interactions for mentors.
- Ensure that agreed practices, protocols and procedures are followed particularly relating to safeguarding;
- Report on the required aspects of the project to XLP and external funders;
- Undertake quality and performance management to ensure that the young person receives a positive experience, that monitoring records are maintained accurately and that progress towards the desired outcomes is evidenced;
- Ensure that the project operates within budget and that financial procedures are followed
- Plan, organise and manage the annual residential weekend away, in collaboration with other Mentoring Managers;
- Organise day trip activities in partnership with other Mentoring Managers.
You will be good at:
- Volunteer, Project and Caseload Management;
- Leading others, with a passion for growing and enabling people;
- Self-motivation and willing to go the extra mile;
- Working with and training Volunteers;
- Working with at-risk young people through schools, community or social work;
- Using your own initiative.
Helpful if you have:
- Extensive previous experience of working with children and young people;
- Hold a recognised youth work qualification or have equivalent experience;
- A track record of mentoring and/or counselling projects;
- A strong network of relevant contacts.
- Hybrid working
- £28,500-29,500 depending on experience
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.