My client is one of the largest private sector pension schemes in the UK, reporting into the CIO you will be responsible for third party manager research and portfolio management of external equity funds and monitoring the internal manager. Overseeing the end to end manager process from selecting, on-boarding and monitoring the external managers to manager exit.
In this newly created position your coverage will be across Equity fund managers (managed in-house and externally) and the Private Equity and Property portfolios which are both managed in house.
You will be overseeing the portfolios, monitoring the managers and having an impetus into the overall investment strategy, so a key driver for this position is to challenge the portfolio benchmarks and bring about change to improve results and returns. Developing a view of growth asset classes, including persistence of active management, market inefficacies and structural bias.
* Significant experience in manager research and or / a multimanager portfolio management role
* Expertise knowledge of Equity, Private Equity and Property assets classes and managers
* Ability to articulate and defend an investment thesis and opinion
* Ambitious and self-motivated
* Degree educated with a professional qualification, CFA charter holder or equivalent