A vacancy has come up within a traditional life insurance company based on the outskirts of London for a nearly / newly qualified actuary. The position sits within the reporting team responsible for the SII, UKGaap reporting process as well as working on a variety of projects and overseeing / managing up to 3 students. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to step into a management role or looking for an opportunity to get involved with high profile projects. This reporting team sit in the centre of the actuarial division liaising with all divisions in the wider actuarial team. Day to day duties include:
- Providing timely and accurate results which you will present to the capital management group
- Reviewing capital forecasts, stress and scenario analysis, standard formula results and profit and loss
- Working collaboratively with the risk team to produce ORSA
- Provide insite on the performance of the business
- Proactively developing processes within the team
- Liaising with 2nd line validation team, internal and external auditors
To be considered for this role, you will be a nearly / newly qualified actuary who can demonstrate strong exam progression and academics. You will have relevant experience working within a life insurance business (any life experience will be considered). You must be a confident presenter able to build strong stakeholder relationships at all levels. It will be necessary to challenge and be challenged as well as influence so excellent communication skills are essential.
On offer is a competitive benefits package and the chance to work within a strong management group who will champion your career progression through the business.
To find out more or if you wish to apply, please get in touch with me on email@example.com or call me on 020 7019 8881.