Network Engineer | London
Goodman Masson are currently working with an innovative financial organisation, in search for a talented Network Engineer to join our highly skilled team and who has the interest in broadening their skills both within Networks, System Administration, Security and Automation.
The client uses a combination of Kanban, Agile and Devops methodologies so this position requires a candidate who takes ownership and feels comfortable designing a solution as well as developing and maintaining the current state. You will work very closely with the Sysadmin/Infosec teams.
Responsibilities will include
- Support of network and Firewall related incidents from production and corporate units
- Deliver projects based on a combination of Kanban, Agile and Devops methodologies
- Design, build and operation of network solutions to client standards
- Pair working to spread and acquire knowledge: Learn and Teach
- Good Time-management
- Customer focus
- Keep documentation up to date
Minimum Required Skills
- Strong and clear understanding of Routing and Switching: OSPF, BGP, LDP, MPLS VPNs, Multicast, Spanning-Tree.
- Understanding of TCP/UDP/IP
- Experience with vendors such as: Palo Alto, Fortigate, Cisco, Arista, Dell
- Interest in Linux and open source technologies.
- Positive, constructive and open-minded attitude. Self-motivated to deliver projects and business tasks.
- Systematic problem solving approach
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Practical approach to managing time and work load to ensure that tasks required are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to gather, understand business requirements and implement designs to these requirements.
- Good documentation skills