A front-to-back investment management Software-as-a-Service platform owned by a leading international bank is looking for a hands-on, well rounded Network Engineer for their growing Infrastructure Support team to join them in a 6 months contract. REMOTE WORKING!
This position will be responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support their clients’ Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. As well as helping the team to develop new support services and architects their core infrastructure.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to provide infrastructure and networking support for our large and complex base of global clients.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Implement and support infrastructure applications and services, such as Okta, PingIdentity, Citrix, SFTP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SSRS and Tidal
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Have a deep appreciation of why Security is important to our company and our customers.
- Create and maintain detailed operational documentation and runbooks.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
Skills and qualities:
- A strong technical leader who can influence the evolving architecture and standards of our SaaS infrastructure.
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) for vitalisation and other core SaaS technologies.
- Perform capacity planning for critical infrastructure resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/networking/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
- A strong knowledge of networking is required along with hands on experience solving problems with firewalls, VLANs, site to site VPNs, etc.
- An understanding of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, Azure Application Gateways and Azure Traffic Manager, Azure, Palo Alto firewalls, and Azure Load balancers