I am currently recruiting for a New Business Manager with Optivo Housing Association. Please have a look at the details;
Job purpose: To be responsible for sourcing and securing new development opportunities to deliver Optivo's growth targets
1 To lead and manage a team to source, progress and secure new development opportunities
2 To lead on securing a programme of sites within a region for development by the organisation for a range of tenures , including commercial operations
3 To commission and liaise with landowners, developers, planners, legal advisors, valuers, architects and others to acquire sites and procure new developments in partnership.
4 To be responsible for the acquisition of land and securing planning consents and partnership deals, ready for the Construction team to procure construction contracts and build out where relevant
5 To appraise schemes and produce reports for officer level groups and Committees to secure approval to enter into contracts
6 To liaise with sales and other teams to secure agreement to acquire sites and ensure competing priorities are resolved
7 To assist in the preparation of bids for sites and grant
8 To take lead responsibility for progressing more complex sites.
9 To ensure projects are handed over to the construction team with a clear, comprehensive and deliverable brief.
10 To represent the organisation at external meetings
11 Adopt and comply with strategy and regulatory requirements, organisational values, policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Procurement, Safeguarding, Value for money
12 No Job description can cover every issue which may arise within the job at various times and the job holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
- Local Authorities
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A demonstrable understanding of the Development process across a range of building and tenure types
- Comprehensive understanding of planning law, process and practice, including; Taking Strategic Land through the planning process, and link to infrastructure requirements, s106, CIL, London Plan and SPG, NPPF, PTAL, LPA requirements,appeal processes etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial elements of development projects and their impact on scheme viability and valuations. An understanding of site valuation and appraisal methodologies, including full understanding of how returns are calculated, as well as using development appraisal software.
- Comprehensive understanding of contract structures for Options, JVs, SPVs, Conditional contracts e.g. STP, overage arrangements, D&B contracts, development agreements, head leases and agreements to lease, golden brick arrangements etc.
- Understanding of other legal aspects of development and planning including; rights of way, easements, Rights of Light, party walls o restrictive covenants, CPOs etc.
- Understanding of HCA and / or GLA standards, requirements and procedures, latest grant regimes for GLA and HCA, and ability to optimise levels of grant into schemes Understanding of mortgage companies requirements
- Understanding of impact of tax issues on scheme viabilities, including use of subsidiaries
- Knowledge of relevant land markets, and what it takes to be competitive in them
- To have or be working towards a professional qualification in a related field. I.e. MRICS , CIOB or to have relevant project management experience
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing development programmes and complex schemes
- Strong commercial awareness and risk management skills
- Ability to identify and manage risks, ensuring responsibility for risks rests with appropriate party
- Scheme and site analysis and appraisal skills including the ability to maximise value
- Ability to optimise value of and returns on schemes, taking into account sales and rental values, detailed costings, grant, SDLT etc
- Excellent project and programme management skills
- Excellent financial and numerical skills including budget and cashflow management
- Good Communication skills (written, oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form long lasting productive relationships with vendors, developers, consultants, valuers, local authorities and other key partners
- Excellent negotiating skills, with a track record of doing good deals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A 'can -do' attitude
- Ability to secure new business in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to produce and interpret KPIs and Management Information
- Ability to write clear comprehensive reports
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and inspire staff, focusing them on successful outcomes
- Ability to identify and manage risks
- Ability to interrogate and manage the professional team to ensure optimal delivery, coordinating parties to add value
- Ability to spot opportunities to create value through land assembly, longer term deals, acquiring sites without planning, innovative solutions.
- Commercially astute, but with a commitment to long term value creation and place making, not just short term returns.
For more information please get in contact with Henry Ivall at Goodman Masson on 02070198802 - Henry.email@example.com