- Embed the Operational Resilience governance framework across the bank.
- Ensure that the list of business services and business mapping matrix remain accurate and changes are acted upon promptly.
- Lead the monthly MI reporting process and submissions to senior management and relevant governance forums (e.g. Operational Resilience Oversight Forum; Operational Risk Committee; Exco) including sourcing data from functional teams and preparing accurate submissions promptly.
- Prepare the packs and materials for the Operational Resilience Oversight Forum.
- Act as the subject matter expert and key contact point in relation to the governance of operational resilience and ensure that day-to-day queries and issues are dealt with promptly.
- Provide support and guidance to functional and regional Business Service Owners and Business Service Maintainers in relation to MI reporting and the formal change management and issue escalation processes.
- Provide input and support to functional teams to complete business service assessments. This includes providing document templates and ensuring adherence to internal governance standards.
- Monitor regulations and regulatory rule changes applicable to the governance framework and assess the impact of rule changes to the existing governance framework.
- Monitor the annual scenario testing process to ensure it is promptly and effectively completed.
- Monitor the vulnerability remediation plan and ensure that any issues or prioritization contentions are promptly escalated.
- Prepare the annual operational resilience self-assessment document.
- Ensure related policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated in line with internal process.
- Be the key contact person for 2nd and 3rd line of defence control functions such as Business Continuity Management (“BCM”), Operational Risk, Compliance (including Compliance Monitoring), and Internal Audit.
- Develop and deliver training on Operational Resilience for the bank.
- Support and, where necessary, enhance the IT tools (e.g. SharePoint) used to facilitate the day-to-day business processes for operational resilience oversight.
- Degree qualified
- Extensive experience working in an investment banking environment, ideally across various departments within a bank(s)
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, ranging from executives to staff level employees.
- Knowledge of UK legislation and regulatory rules, standards and expectations relevant to operational resilience.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management frameworks and practices as well as controls required within a financial services organisation.
- Previous experience of
- developing MI;
- performing risk assessments;
- providing support to governance committees or forums; and
- producing information packs for meetings with regulators.
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.