- To operate and enhance the framework to identify, assess and monitor the operational risks faced by the compnay’s, principally people, process, systems and external risks arising from the activities of the Corporation
To provide robust risk oversight and challenge to the functions responsible for managing operational risks, making recommendations for improvements in the control environment where necessary. Maintain ongoing monitoring of the key current and emerging operational risks facing the company.
Support / lead strategic, thematic reviews of key risk areas, reporting conclusions to the senior management where required. Support the company’s response to regulatory engagement on operational risks, including those in relation to operational resilience.
Working with executive management, ensure the operational resilience of the company remains within the risk appetite of the Council and remains able to deliver core services and regulatory responsibilities, both at a Corporation and market level.
Provide regular reporting to management and relevant governance forums as required, including the Risk Committee. Attend and actively participate in relevant management and risk governance forums and project meeting
Contribute towards the successful delivery of the company’s risk framework, for example by coordinating the risk and control assessment process in order to provide assurance to the Council that risks are being managed within risk appetite.
Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including at senior levels, across the compnay to gather, assess and report key risk information, for example in reviewing the company’s risk register and risk appetites
Produce a range of regular and ad hoc reporting to provide the risk committees with the management information required to assess risk exposures, for example risk appetite reporting, relevant dashboards/reports and ORSA reporting.
To respond with agility to requests (e.g. ad hoc projects) from the Chief Risk Officer or Head of Risk Management
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and relationship skills to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders. This will include an ability to actively influence at senior management levels with a confidence to deliver the right risk outcomes at senior levels of the organisation.
- Expert technical risk management skills are required to be able to define and shape industry leading risk management tools which are tailored to the unique Lloyd’s business model as well as satisfying regulatory requirements.
- The successful candidate should have excellent analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate (in both written and verbal forms) and engage in debate on complex topics. Evidence of influencing outcomes with senior management in both formal (e.g. committee) and informal settings is critical
- Challenge – ability to productively challenge technical experts across the company and be robust/resilient under scrutiny
- Strong relationship management and communication skills – the role will involve a large amount of engagement with stakeholders at various levels across the Corporation, including the production of analysis reports which must be clear, accurate and easily accessible to both technical experts and those with a more general understanding of risk management.
- Good knowledge of risk management
- Good understanding of the insurance industry
If interested, please apply below. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.