- Set the Operational Risk mind-set across the business, including overseeing the full implementation and active use of the EM&T Risk Controls and Self-Assessment Framework.
- Liaise with senior management to capture management tolerance, reporting requirements and communicate issues of operational risk concern.
- Provide challenge and gain clear understanding of EM&T trading activities to identify areas of operational risk weakness, understand the driving forces behind these risks and how these can be managed.
- Review, develop and champion the implementation of the Operational Risk Policy and Standards including leading and co-ordinating the investigation of process events and the preparation of reports. This will also include identification of systematic root causes and themes for escalation to EM&T management as part of scheduled and ad hoc reporting cycles.
- Report to the Risk Committee on Operational Risk matters; providing a view of EM&T trade cycle risks on a regular basis.
- Demonstrable experience of working in energy trading, financial or banking environment coupled with a strong working knowledge of the trade lifecycle.
- Previous experience in an Operational Risk or Control function.
- Understanding of the drivers for a strong control environment and champion these across the organisation coupled with a good sense of commercial pragmatism.
- Resilient personality with a track record of positively influencing and persuasion.
- Ability to grasp a concept quickly and deliver, and defend, a reasoned investigation and analysis with strong interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to get on with and develop ongoing relationships with people at different levels of a large organisation.
- Well organised person, with a strong attention to detail and demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects with varying, time pressured deliverables.
- Degree educated.
- IT literacy in data management, manipulation and reporting (Access, Excel, SharePoint, PowerBI) and formal writing (Word and PowerPoint).