Goodman Masson are thrilled to be partnering with an extremely important national regulator that is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity among businesses across the entire country. This essential body is looking an Operations and Personal Assistant of which involves offering operational support to the body as a whole while also providing personal assistant support to both the Chair and Operations Director of the department. The role is an even split between Operations assistant and Personal Assistant.
The role is based in Birmingham (4 days a fortnight in the office) and requires frequent travel to London (at least once a month. Reporting to the director, the main responsibilities are:
Operations Assistant duties:
- Ensure compliance with the department’s governance framework and policies, including GDPR obligations.
- Assist in maintaining a robust risk management framework under the guidance of the Operations Director.
- Support the timely circulation of Board papers and manage IT requirements for public meetings and recordings.
- Coordinate various tasks such as document preparation, project management, procurement, website management, social media, database maintenance, and outreach event organisation.
Personal Assistant duties:
- Manage diary schedules and coordinate meeting room and desk bookings.
- Arrange travel arrangements in accordance with company policy.
- Offer comprehensive support for Board meetings, Advisory Group meetings, and other stakeholder events, as well as fulfilling additional support needs of the Chair and Operations Director.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in diverse operational and/or personal assistant roles.
- Adaptable and comfortable in fast-paced settings, with strong multitasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication, highly organised, and computer literate.
- Experienced in dealing with financial information
- Attractive salary package of £38,700 per year, with the option to purchase additional leave and 30 days of annual leave.
- Employer contributes generously to pensions, offering a 10% contribution.
- Staff benefits include access to the Employee Assistance Programme for confidential counselling and work-life services.
- Opportunity to save up to 25% on a new bike through the Cycle to Work scheme.
- The organisation prioritises a supportive work-life balance for its employees.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.