To manage the financial aspects of our client's operations in Kurdistan including, amongst others, accounting; cost control; financial planning; budget preparation; AFE review and submission; in-country cash management; accounts payable efficiency; timely and accurate management, PSC and JOA reporting; compliance with company policies, IFRS, PSC and JOA requirements and Iraqi financial & fiduciary regulations.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
· Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results for management use and submission to JV partners as required.
· Monitor and analyse monthly capital, operating and overhead costs, ensuring timely month end close and JV partner billing.
· Review financial planning and operational budget costs to ensure they meet reporting and JOA agreement requirements.
· Advise the board and in-country management on all financial or contractual transactions that present a fiduciary/regulatory risk to the entity and/or its directors.
· Act as main point of contact for financial queries from MNR and JV partner
· Review AFEs and ensure they are in line with budget and JOA agreements.
· Coordinate internal and external AFE approval process with appropriate Director/Manager.
· Forecast project cash requirements and manage cash balances in accordance with JOA agreements and internal requirements including liaison with London for cash calls.
· Ensure timely production of accruals and under/overspend variance analysis.
· Ensure efficient accounts payable processes: accurate and timely data posting, coding, invoice recording and approval.
· Manage, mentor and develop through formal and informal training the local finance team to achieve excellent results, with a long-term goal of a fully localized finance function.
· Manage JV partner, cost recovery and other local audit processes as required.
· Participate in regular operational review and Tenders Committee meetings.
· Review local payroll and ensure that all local taxation and other regulatory requirements are met.
· Work closely with the supply chain department to ensure the efficiency of the procure to pay process.
Degree and Accountancy qualification expected. Minimum 10 years Oil and gas upstream industry experience is essential.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Strong oil and gas operating company experience.
Prior experience as an expatriate Finance Manager, with some knowledge of dealing with the Middle East / North Africa an advantage.
Prior experience dealing with foreign government authorities
High level accounting and analytical skills.
Well developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate multicultural staff to tight deadlines.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and enterprise asset management (EAM) software (ideally Microsoft Dynamics or Navision).
Strong communication skills.
Energetic team player, with a genuine drive for engagement with own team and multiple departments, comfortable working in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
Ability to negotiate and work with other teams in collating all the relevant information for reporting in a timely manner.