An independent, family owned publishing company are looking for a flexible and hard-working individual to join their wider Finance team as a PA and Management Accounts Assistant.
This exciting and varied role will focus on offering PA support to the Chief Financial Officer and Financial Controller, managing the cost charging relationship with their third party distributor, and assisting in the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts.
- Provide day-to-day secretarial and admin assistance to the CFO, FC and Finance department
- Managing the CFO's email, diary, meetings, filing and travel
- Open and circulate departmental post
- Arrange transfers to and from outside storage facilities
- Maintain departmental holiday and absence records
- Arrange the booking of meeting rooms with refreshments, couriers and stationery for the department
- Assist the finance team with any day-to-day requests
Third party distributor cost management
- Review and analyse monthly 3rd party distributor reports and liaise with them regarding any queries
- Create and post monthly invoices to distributed publishers
- Provide detailed reconciliations for key accounts including sales ledger and costs & recharges incurred from 3rd party distributor
- Run nominal ledger reports and prepare journals to be reviewed by the Financial Analyst
- Organise and distribute month end reports to in-house staff and distributed publishers
Management Accounts Assistant
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and account for monthly depreciation
- Overhead accounting, including posting of payroll journal, posting of monthly accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of departmental and cost centre reports, liaison with Heads of Department, forecasting and any ad-hoc analysis
- Update monthly costing reports including freelance fees and IT expenditure
- Reconcile and upload sales from overseas subsidiaries and raise Cost of Sales invoices to subsidiaries
- Ebook accounting, including monthly postings and issuing the Summary report
- Verifying and issuing Third Party Publisher sales reports
- Arrange transfers of funds from the subsidiaries bank accounts as requested, including monitoring and organising currency transfers
- Timesheet accounting
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Management Accounting team
Skills and Experience
- Previous PA and Accounts Assistant experience, with a good understanding of accounts ledgers (nominal, purchase and sales)
- Experience in administrative functions and working towards and accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- You will have advanced Microsoft Office skills, including creating and presenting documents to a high standard
- Knowledge of the publishing industry would be preferable
You will have excellent communication and organisation skills and a high attention to detail. You will be a quick learner and a team player. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential, as is the ability to be flexible and cope with a wide range of tasks. This is an interesting and varied role and so a proactive and 'can-do' attitude is a must.
If this sounds like it could be your next role then apply today!