London’s Leading School federation is looking for a Personal Assistant to Principal to join their academy in Purley on a permanent full-time position.
The role will be to assist the Principal in all tasks and to ensure that they are adequately supported. The successful candidate will also undertake responsibilities as HR Officer and Clerk to Governors, and will line manage the Receptionist.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not exclusive to):
- Keep the Principal’s diary and be responsible for entering all appointments and assisting the principal to manage their time efficiently and effectively.
- Providing a daily diary and documentation for meetings and maintain an overview of approaching deadlines.
- Taking all telephone calls for the principal in the first instance, dealing with queries and passing calls on if absolutely necessary.
- Be responsible for organising meetings and passing on messages between the principal and staff, students, parents/carers and other external agencies
Management of Human Resources:
- As directed by the principal, to manage the recruitment process for new staff. This includes advertising for staff, processing job applications, requesting reference, arranging interviews and liaising with Home Office if necessary.
- To manage appointments process, this too includes initiating CRB, List 99, Medical and reference checks. Completing documentation for contracts and back details for payroll and HR. Sending out offer letters and chasing any outstanding documentation.
- Responsible for accuracy of the Academy’s single central record.
- To be responsible for the Academy’s payroll and all associated business.
- To audit staff sickness records and prepare termly reports.
- To organise confidential staff files and maintain them in an orderly manner.
- To carry our any HR tasks as directed by the principal, this to include referrals to occupational health, organising interviews with the principal, liaising with staff representatives as required
- To provide a clerking service to the local governing body.
- To liaise with Academy Governors, ensure paperwork for meetings has been circulated and deal with any enquiries.
- To organise Governor’s visits to the Academy.
- To minute the Governing body meetings and student disciplinary panels including permanent exclusions.
- To assist with elections of parent and staff governors.
- To deal with any enquiries from Governors in the first instance.
- To collect any correspondence for Governors and forward to Clerk as appropriate.
- To ensure Governors are sent copies of Academy INSIGHT magazine, prospectus and other relevant materials.
- To ensure absolute discretion and confidentiality as appropriate and advise the governing body accordingly.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualifications to degree level or Equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Secure knowledge of human resources legislation
- Basic knowledge of financial procedures
- Training and certification in a broad range of health and safety areas
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Knowledge of the key principles of staff management
- Ideally, a professional qualification (e.g. CIPD or equivalent) to NVQ Level 4
- At least three years’ experience working an office environment
- Experience of training staff successfully in a range of duties
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Paying up to £35,496 p.a.
- Performance and Loyalty Bonus
- Company’s Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Additional company’s Benefits