Passenger Revenue Accounting Specialist
£40,000 – £45,000pa* (depending on experience)
Permanent & Hybrid working
Our client is an Airline company based in the UK and looking for a Revenue Accounting Specialist to join their team in London. As a Revenue Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for performing accurate and on time revenue accounting, including exploiting opportunities through data interrogation to improve processes and increase financial recoveries. You will build strong and effective working relationships with 3rd Party Suppliers and key stakeholders across the business to influence their strategy on all procedures/processes both internally and externally that impact Passenger Revenue Accounting to ensure there is no adverse effect on accounting, reporting accuracy and cash collection.
As a PRA Specialist, role requirements may flex depending on business need but will include at various times accountabilities in the following areas:
- Robust audits of sale, refunds and usage to minimizes revenue leakage by identifying the source of the leakage and recovering any losses
- Ensure all interline billings/rejections/proration are processed in compliance of the IATA rules and regulations.
- Analyse third party selling, ticketing and reporting practices (General Sales Agents, Ground Handling Agents, travel agents) to verify the conformance to Industry standards and BA’s stated requirements
- Identify any suspicious / potentially fraudulent activities performed by us or 3rd party sales / airport points related to ticketing or ticket acceptance and take remedial actions
- Provide comprehensive financial accounting, management accounting and reporting to the business.
- Strong leadership capabilities, effective communication, engagement and influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles and meet project requirements.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise work, and operate under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships & collaborate with a range of stakeholders.
- Solution focused; problem solving, and action orientated
- Experience in either fare construction, ticketing, proration, tax calculation, IATA/industry interline billings and settlement procedures would be preferred but not essential.
- £40,000 – £45,000pa* + Hybrid working + Additional Company benefits
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.