A financial institution in London is looking for a Cash & Banking Services Specialist (Vice President level) to join their Global Services group. Specifically you will provide consulting for the function and undertake complex initiatives for Cash & Banking Services with a focus on adherence to industry, regulatory and risk mitigation requirements. The successful candidate will lead and support the business by undertaking coordination, assessment and integration of operational requirements and controls. Additionally the role will engage with external bodies as requirement and provide oversight of any applicable payment schemes.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Delivering complex Payment Scheme (Cash & Banking) initiatives involving multiple parties and ambiguous issues
- Engaging with and acting as the liaison for industry bodies, external working groups, payment schemes and regulators
- Operates as an independent party internally
- Operational assessments and periodic monitoring of payment scheme standards
- Working closely with Compliance, Risk, Control and Business Managers to ensure procedures and controls are fit for purpose
- Work with Business Managers to provide oversight, governance and engagement in business management matters (Control, Business Continuity Planning, Resilience etc.)
- To apply for this role you must have a deep SME knowledge of payment schemes (CHAPS, Target 2, Faster Payments, BACS etc.) and experience of managing relationships with Central Banks / Regulators. You are likely to have worked in Cash Operations and Change in the past and have experience of translating obligations (often regulatory) for Cash functions.
- Candidates from a Control / Compliance background (specifically with strong knowledge of Cash services) are particularly invited to apply.
- Please note, my client is not looking for a Change Management candidate - you must have the underlying SME knowledge of Cash Operations and be able to understand & translate what industry and regulatory impacts are likely to have on those functions
The firm is a leader in providing a flexible and collaborative work culture and has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Additionally they offer a competitive package to supplement the base salary. Pls note you must hold the right to the work in the UK without sponsorship or restriction to secure this role.