Personal Tax Senior
Ipswich or Mayfair (UK Wide)
£30,000 to £45,000 (depending on experience)
Our client is an Award-winning investment and financial expertise company in the UK, who offer advice to help you save, plan and invest.
As a Personal Tax Senior, you will deal with the UK personal tax affairs of individuals, estates and trusts. Assisting with the Firms annual reporting (CTCs and CGT Reports). You will also be reporting to the Tax Manager.
- Responsible for their own personal tax clients for Individuals, Sole Traders and trusts
- Completion of tax returns, ensuring that they are submitted to the Inspector of Taxes by 31 January deadline.
- Advising all clients of their tax liabilities/repayments and ensuring that all tax liabilities requested by clients to be paid from their accounts are paid by the due dates.
- Raising invoices and drawing any fees due in respect of all taxation fees due, keeping the necessary records and reviewing debtors.
- Discussing with clients by way of the telephone or a meeting from time to time on various aspects of their taxation affairs.
- Setting up and maintaining client records on the taxation system software.
- Being able to manually calculate client’s Capital Gains Tax positions.
- Liaising with Investment Managers regarding CGT.
- Maintaining the data within the CGT software.
- Compiling statistical data for the unit.
- Ensuring smooth production of Annual Tax Reports.
- Attending various courses for personal development.
- Providing technical support to other areas of the business as required.
- Making referrals to Wealth Planning and/or Investment Managers as appropriate.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the tax department alongside the tax manager.
- Keeping up to date with tax changes and relaying.
- Have a broad understanding of UK personal tax and be willing to attend ongoing training in this area.
- Be responsible for ensuring they are up to date on current legislation surrounding self-assessment and all relevant tax/finance acts.
- Be able to handle delicate and sensitive situations.
- Be a diligent and thorough worker.
- Be able to communicate effectively to clients, colleagues, and fellow professionals on complex issues.
- Be client aware.
- Aim to always deliver the highest possible standard of service.
- Be diligent and persistent in recognising and progressing new business.
What we offer
- Hybrid working (or Remote if completely necessary)
- 37.5 hours (9:00 – 5:30) Monday to Friday.
- £30k – £45k depending on experience.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.