Group Finance Department
Assist the UK Controller, manage month, quarter and year-end procedures for all UK companies as well as some foreign subsidiaries. This will involve preparing all tax (VAT, Corporation Tax, Intrastat etc) and statutory returns to ensure they are submitted accurately as required by the various authorities. Provide financial input and advice on adherence to group financial policies to other departments.
▪ Maintain Profit centres. The Financial Accountant is responsible for preparation of monthly reporting for the UK and Emerging markets (EM). The reporting includes P&L variance analysis to prior month and commentary.
▪ Month-end Assistance. Populate the group consolidated P&L to review level.
▪ Intercompany management. Monthly completion of intercompany invoices and subsequent reconciliation of all intercompany accounts. Ensure no balances remain on the intercompany accounts un-reconciled for more than 1 month. Once reconciled, ensure all company accountants agree the balances on a monthly basis as well as at the end of the financial year.
▪ Balance Sheet. Complete all UK balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that they are accurate, up to date and show "clean" balances across all the UK group companies. Work with the whole Finance team to ensure all issues and reconciling items are resolved and corrected within a month of occurring. Compile a monthly Group Balance Sheet for review.
▪ Statutory Audit. Prepare schedules and draft some of the UK annual Statutory accounts in accordance with Company Law and Standard Accounting Practice. To assist in the timely completion of the annual audit and year end reporting process.
▪ VAT. Responsible for completing all VAT returns accurately and on time for review e.g. Intrastat, European sales returns, UK VAT returns.
▪ UK Taxation. Assist in the completion of the Group UK Corporation tax schedules for review, ensuring relevant up to date legislation is followed. Ensure all payments are prepared and submitted on time for review. Deal promptly with any queries and ensure that tax regulations are followed. Keep up to date on relevant legislation.
▪ Government Information requests. Responsibility for completion and collation for all Government Information requests.
▪ Ad Hoc duties. To carry out any other reasonable management requested task
▪ Fixed asset register. To maintain the fixed asset register, and ensure CAPEX projects remain within budget
▪ Part qualified accountant
▪ Graduate calibre
▪ Minimum 3 years working within a Finance department.
▪ Self starter - able to operate with minimum supervision
▪ Ability and desire to develop role and career
▪ SAP Experience