An international charity currently requires a procurement manager to join them on a permanent basis, in their London office.
The Procurement Manager provides proactive support to Programme staff and senior stakeholders procure goods and services effectively while securing value for money. This post will work with internal customers and other subject matter experts to understand the business's requirements, assess what the market can offer and determine the appropriate delivery model for each category and sub-category.
You will be responsible for;
- Develop and lead the procurement related strategy for various assigned spend categories, from the creation of category plans to, supplier selection, to solution implementation, to supplier relationship management.
- Prepare tender documentation ensuring compliance with internal regulations and external requirements including grant conditions.
- Contribute to projects using specialist knowledge to develop and define all current commercial and operational baselines for the all sourcing projects
- Carry out detailed assessment of procurement requirement, market player and opportunities in order to deliver compliant, quality and value for money arrangements.
- Lead the adoption of best practice in Procurement with the aim to be 'best in class'. Ensure procurement policies, procedures, documents and workflows are kept up-to-date.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on legislation and regulations relating to procurement.
- Identify and liaise with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate. Undertake procurement procedures assigned including high value, complex and high risk projects where required. Negotiate, contract and implement chosen solution.
- Co-ordinate the review of suppliers and subcontractor activities to ensure we comply with relevant laws and regulations such as IR35 and anti-terrorism screening.
- Assist in contract negotiation to ensure contracts are structured extract increased value for money in terms of cost and performance.
- Manage the supplier relationship and monitor contract compliance as required.
- Explore, identify and implement innovative approaches to the delivery of complex projects in order to enhance levels of service and minimise costs, ensuring compliance with the overall Strategic Plan and seek to safeguard the contractual and commercial risk.
- Assist the Finance Director to influence Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Programmes/Departments and stakeholders on the commercial and financial viability of differing sourcing options for specific projects including in house, outsourcing, collaboration, framework agreements and traditional procurement.
- Seek opportunities for collaboration which enhance our position in relation to procurement practice and leverage of expenditure.
For your application to qualify, you will have the following:
- Fully qualified member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or actively study towards one
- Experience of delivering Strategic Procurement activities and related projects
- Experience of analysing Non-PAYE spend to inform procurement decisions to enable the development of strategies in order to improve contract delivery and cost benefits.
- Experience of delivering collaborative procurement projects with other non-profit or private sector bodies.
- Experience of applying sustainable procurement principals to the procurement process including maximising benefits in the supply chain.
- Experience of providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others, using own judgement and initiative when required, anticipating and highlighting options/ issues that need to be taken into account.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills demonstrating the ability to influence others, build trust and obtain agreement to proposals
- Proven ability to communicate complex messages to non-experts and to effectively motivate/ inspire, influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to construct a logical, clear and concise argument, and express complex ideas coherently through a variety of media to different audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills which deliver real benefits to the organisation
- Demonstrable ability to lead projects and initiatives that cross institutional boundaries, securing buy-in and delivering outcomes
- Highly organised and able manage own workload, plan effectively, balance competing priorities and work to deadlines, working effectively in a collaborative team environment and knowing when to escalate issues.
Please apply now to discuss further.