Here in Actuarial Products we work in partnership with colleagues around the business to deliver key strategic and regulatory change for the Life and Pensions (L&P) business. You'll be involved in supporting the longstanding European book of L&P business, the IFS business. This is mainly business sold to German, Austrian and Italian customers. You'll understand how our products work and how our customers use our products. You'll use this understanding along with your actuarial skills and experience to provide technical support to the business. The work you do supporting your colleagues and our 3rd party service providers will have a direct impact on improving the customer experience.
Typical activities for the team include:
- Acting as a key stakeholder in change projects, engaged in decision making, specifying requirements and testing system outputs,
- Design and document calculation requirements for changes to policy administration systems.
- Assisting in the drafting and reviewing of policyholder documentation and customer communications,
- Providing specialist actuarial support and skills to a range of stakeholders to help problem solve issues, reply to customer queries and manage unexpected challenges that arise.
- Providing actuarial and product knowledge to senior management within the European business, the Propositions areas, and to 3rd party outsourcing partners who administer the business.
You'll be a part qualified actuary (or have an actuarial background) with knowledge of Life and Pensions products. You'll have strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail and an appetite to learn about our European products and customers. You'll need good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively and build good relationships with colleagues from other business areas and staff from our 3rd party service providers. You'll enjoy working independently as well as contributing as part of a small team to achieve our goals. Your skills and experience will be put to use to directly improve the customers' experience with us.
- Knowledge of Life & Pensions products
- Experience of working with Change, understanding the various stages of the project cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: the ability to make the complex simple
- Strong stakeholder management skills: the ability to work collaboratively and also to challenge decisions when necessary
- Internal/External Relationships: build and maintain effective working and influencing relationships with appropriate colleagues
- Strong Excel skills: to develop and maintain excel tools
- Provide support to your Line Manager and deputise when required
- Provide actuarial support and expertise within the team as required
- People and Self Development: take responsibility for self-development
- Group Values: demonstrates Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours and encourages this in team members.