We are looking for a Production Accountant to join the largest international content producer and distributor; home to over 120 production companies across 22 territories, and a multi-genre catalogue boasting over 88,000 hours of original standout programming. They are now looking for a Production Accountant to join their London team on a 6-8 month FTC.
The Production Accountant will have responsibility for the financial management and reporting of a slate of productions and work closely with both production managers and finance teams. They will work within a small team of production accountants and report to the Production Finance Managers covering a number of labels across the Group.
You will do/be:
- Manage a slate of allocated productions across the UK group.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with Production Execs and Production Managers. Meet with new production teams and ensure they are fully aware of company financial procedures and adhere to them throughout the production period.
- Help production teams with the setup and operation of their production on PMI
- Compile and update all production finance information (e.g. production budget, cost reports, cash-flows, edit schedules) through appropriate shared files or PMI with full access for the relevant PFMs to review at any point
- Work with production managers to ensure accurate financial control of all production costs
- Be the initial point of contact for all financial matters for your allocated productions, liaising with both the purchase ledger department and management accountants where required * Monitor all spend on your allocated productions, including supplier/freelancer invoice submission, petty cash spend, expense claims (ensuring correct invoicing and paperwork are submitted at all times)
- Post internal recharges and levies/deductions against your productions
- Review cost reports on a regular basis, including current spend and projected costs and meet at regular intervals with production managers to correctly reflect current position.
- Compile and agree (with Production Managers and Production Executives) monthly figures for submission to relevant PFMs highlighting any significant changes from the previous month’s submissions. Apply correct accounting recognition policy for productions each month – updating PFMs when and where schedule changes occur.
- Alert PFMs of any potential risks or concerns on allocated productions
- Prepare weekly cash flow for relevant productions with accurate outflow and realistic inflow projections based on regular dialogue with the legal department. Invoice broadcasters and monitor outstanding debts for allocated productions adjusting cash flow projections accordingly. * Take responsibility for final reports & paperwork once production is complete
- Periodic full financial closure of completed allocated productions
- Preparation of required production information and reports for yearly (and mid-year) audit(s)
- Travelling to the regional offices / location production offices where required to help with set up and on-going production finance issues
- Carry out ad hoc projects when required (e.g. budget checks for production executives, production spend analysis, series comparisons)
- Demonstrate a financial awareness and understanding of basic accounting principles
- Manage a number of projects simultaneously (with fast changing demands) and prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Planning ahead for each production where potential problems have been identified, financial period closes may impact on the production or cover for leave is needed.
- * Previous experience of working as a Production Accountant or significant experience as an Assistant Production Accountant
- PMI experience preferred, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- £40-47,000 depending on experience
- 6-8 month FTC
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.