Join a globally-renowned arts institution as their Production Accountant, at a time where this prestigious organisation is in a significant phase of growth, and of creating new work in the UK and internationally. As a world-leader within the arts & culture field, the organisation's production and music departments manage a large number of demanding schedules and projects in order to deliver productions to the highest standards; the purpose of this role is to produce the best possible financial information supporting the SMT and budget holders in the Technical, Production and Creative areas of the organisation.
The contract is an initial 3 months, however there is a longer-term/temporary-to-permanent opportunity available.
Main responsibilities include:
- Management reporting: timely and accurate reporting of performances/productions against budget and forecast, supporting budget holders in their understanding of this information, and feeding into the monthly reporting process undertaken by the Finance Team
- Providing senior management with commercial decision support on day-to-day commercial decisions
- Producing and delivering the annual production budget
- Taking responsibility for the financial modelling of different shows and tours to assist with decision support and ad-hoc analysis of productions
- Assisting business partners and their teams to control costs within approved budgets, ensuring sound processes ad procedures are in place to ensure timely and accurate information, identifying and implementing improvements
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) or finalist
- Have a proven track record of supporting senior colleagues to manage financial budgets within performing arts production and creative teams
- Have a sound understanding of charity tax, more specifically of VAT and theatre tax relief
- Be an experienced Management Accountant and/or Finance Business Partner
To be considered for this role, you must have worked in the performing arts space and be familiar with working on productions.