An international Retail holding group is looking for a project accounts assistant on a 24 month Fixed Term Contract. Candidates must have relevant experience and be immediately available.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience required for this position and wish to fast track your application, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Client is undergoing major tansformation and restrcturing within the business and are in the process of moving their UK office from Cheltenham to London. As a result the succesful candidate will need to be willing to spend at least 3 days per week in the Cheltenham office until the end of January 2020 for handover purposes (Travel, Accomodation and Expences will all be covered).
- To provide effective support to the financial reporting team to ensure that controls are robust and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts are performed accurately and on a timely basis.
- To provide support for the Financial Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Tax teams.
- To provide support to the Finance team to ensure that month end processes are carried out to the highest standards.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Banking & Treasury
- Complete Bank reconciliations on a timely basis for designated bank accounts.
- Post cash receipts journals & partner with the broader finance team in order to ensure accurate reporting of cash balances and receipts.
- To ensure the Fixed Asset Register is properly updated and reconciles to the general ledger.
Tax (VAT & CIS)
- To reconcile CIS control accounts monthly.
- To calculate and produce VAT and CIS returns.
- Assist with the production of the annual PSA return.
Month end process, year end and other financial accounting responsibilities
- To assist with the Month and Year End processes.
- To prepare Month End reconciliations and ensure the validity of balances in various Balance Sheet accounts.
- Provide support for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable operations, tax and the financial accounting teams.
- Assist in various year end activities, which may include preparing ad-hoc information for notes to the Group Financial Statements.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and project work as requested e.g. obtaining information for the auditors
Knowledge and experience needed to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Preferably studying for or intending to study for a professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of using SAP is desirable.
- Experience of working to high attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical and IT skills, including Excel.
- Record of engaging with others - excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused approach to service delivery.
Personal style, behaviour and attributes needed to undertake the post
- IT Awareness: Ability to personally maximise technology to aid the business.
- Analytical skills: Ability to interpret prescribed procedures accurately and solve problems.
- Communication: Confident in communicating with people, be able to understand team dynamics and maintain open communication channels with all parties.
- Business Management: Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines.
- Use initiative and identify ways to continuously improve processes.
- Have broad appreciation of commercial issues and understands the market position of The Crown Estate.