An organisation in central London who drive change in environmental issues, including clean energy, and sustainable land use are looking to recruit a dynamic Project Finance Accountant to join their growing team. This would suit a bright, numerate and engaging person looking for a role which will involve lots of stakeholder engagement.
Specifics of the job include:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording, preparation and presentation of project financial information.
- Ensure that the projects adhere to an appropriate structure and costs budget. Provide project variance analysis where appropriate.
- Timely production of financial project review reports, monthly project financial commentaries, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure project financial results, risks and opportunities are critically reviewed and challenged.
- Responsible for ensuring that costs to complete and their assumptions are properly supported and disclosed.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly reporting to the Executive Committee, mainly in preparing the revenue for the month
- Maintain effective systems and processes to enable the accurate recording of all project costs including contract and subcontractor accruals, outstanding purchase orders, timesheet bookings etc.
- Ensure that adherence to commercial governance is maintained by the project teams.
- Provide information to external auditors for projects as and when required
- Provide timely analysis and reporting to the project managers / partners as and when required
- Continuously challenge the way we work and actively identify areas of where change can improve the performance within Finance.
Skills & Experience
- Proactive and a good sense of urgency
- Collaborative and able to use initiative
- Able to prioritise daily, with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with clients, partners, project managers and associates
- Part qualified or looking to study
- Experience working for a small / growing company
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Useful system experience: Xero, Kimble, Salesforce, ApprovalMax, Expensify
- Evidenced passion for the sustainability / environment / social enterprise space.