I'm currently working with an asset manager focusing on Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects. They are currently looking to recruit a Project Financial Accountant.
For this role they are ideally looking to recruit someone who is a recently qualified accountant from either a mid-sized accounting firm or someone who trained in industry. In summary, you will have broad responsibility for both the financial performance (project models and forecasts) and financial control of a portfolio of projects.
The company have a great working environment where you can continue to develop and learn in your role supported by a great team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a full range of project activities including effective day-to-day financial operation, quarterly management reporting and annual statutory reporting, establishing and managing strong relationships with key project stakeholders (including government bodies, senior lenders, contractual service providers, internal reporting and asset management teams) amongst other required duties.
The projects have a relatively small number of high value transactions which means that rather than churning through high volumes of processing, the role requires proactive and effective management skills to ensure that the projects operate effectively and meet their contractual requirements. The role provides immediate hands-on, real responsibility and requires positive thinkers who are able to take ownership of the operations and look for improvements which can be made to the existing operations.
Key role responsibilities
- To take ownership of a portfolio of social infrastructure project companies
- Management of the day-to-day financial performance of project entities, ensuring efficient operation and compliance with contractual cash-flow and operational obligations.
- Establishing and managing relationships with key project stakeholders including investors, shareholders, local government bodies, external lenders, service providers, asset managers and the treasury team.
- Ownership for production and presentation of financial results to the Board on a quarterly basis in relation to own project entities.
- Ownership for production and updates to the project models and forecasts and managing the relationship with senior lenders for certain projects.
- Timely and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (including UKGAAP and IFRS) and senior lender/ treasury reporting.
- Management of a shared pool of processing and invoicing staff.
- Ensuring project entities remain up to date and compliant with relevant legislation including latest accounting standards, Taxation, VAT, Hedge accounting, etc.
- Consolidation of company clusters, including the conversion of accounting policies and balances to IFRS equivalents for group reporting.
- Bringing a proactive attitude to identify areas for improvement in the projects including in areas such as project financial performance, operational performance, reporting quality, control improvement and investor returns.