I'm recruiting for a Project Manager for a IFRS 16 implementation for a retail company.
The Project Manager will be the lead on the implementation of the new leasing standard, IFRS 16. This project is currently underway and will end in 2018 / early 2019, in time for April 2019 reporting. The role will focus on managing the overall project, system selection and build, data gathering and processing, and final implementation and go live.
Key Responsibilities for the IFRS 16 implementation:
Development of detailed reporting requirements for IFRS 16
- Design of data collection in BPC and SAP
- Close coordination with PwC who are supporting the project
Management of Project Plan
- Management of the project plan on an ongoing basis, ensuring key milestones are met
- Detailed planning of go live and cut over
Software selection and implementation
- Assist in the preparation of RFPs for potential vendors and ultimate selection of software to support IFRS 16 lease calculations
- Implementation of software in conjunction with software provider
Data collection and calculation
- Work with regional finance teams to assemble data required to perform lease calculations
- Set up lease calculations via software support
- Analyse the impact of IFRS 16 for Board of Directors budget approval and for external guidance and reporting purposes
They are looking for someone who has a strong technical background and IFRS 16 knowledge.