A government financial oversight agency is looking for a Project Manager to join their Oversight team on a 9 months contract with the possibility to be extended to 12 months.
The role will be responsible for the statutory independent oversight of the regulation of auditors by the supervisory and qualifying bodies and the non-statutory oversight of the regulation of accountants by the accountancy professional bodies and the non-statutory regulation of actuaries by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) in the UK.
The role reports directly to the Senior Project Manager and supports the agency’s Oversight Team to oversee the Audit Monitoring activities conducted by the Recognised Supervisory Bodies.
- Maintaining effective stakeholder engagement with professional bodies (‘the bodies’);
- Supporting the planning and delivery of agency’s oversight of the bodies, specifically in relation to audit monitoring and registration, with support and input from other members of the Professional Oversight Team;
- Onsite and remote shadowing of audit monitoring and registration work performed by the bodies to registered firms;
- Documenting our oversight work to a high standard in a clear and timely manner;
- Drafting annual reports to the bodies to summarize the results of our oversight procedures and the conclusions drawn;
- Analytical review of documentation/data provided by the bodies to POT to identify trends relevant to our oversight work;
- Involvement in thematic reviews and/or deep-dive investigations relating to audit monitoring and registration as and when required;
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- An audit qualification and at least 5 years post-qualification audit experience (ACCA / ACA etc)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Sound influencing skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to organise and plan own work to meet deadlines.
- An appreciation of the role that the bodies and the agency’s play in monitoring audit quality across the UK.
- Whilst a full-time person is sought, part time working of 80% of a full week could be accommodated.
- £ 85,648.00a.
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- 2 Volunteering days per year
- Up to 6 learning and development days.
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Unum Help@hand Staff Employee Assistance Programme including confidential counselling and work life services.
- opportunity to save at least 25% on the purchase of a new bike through the Cycle to work scheme.
- strong work/life balance ethos.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.