The role is in the growing finance team. Must offer Support for the finance manager.The successful candidate MUST have A Property Accounting background with experience using QUBE or Yardi software.
Only candidates with relevant experience will be considered. If you wish to fast track you application, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understanding key deliverables as per the property management agreement for the property portfolio
- Preparation of month-end reporting packs and year-end reporting activities
- Assist Finance Manager with the preparation of investment accounting reporting packs
- Compile reports and supporting schedules for all balance sheet line items
- Compile reports and supporting schedules for profit and loss line items
- Manage budget variance analysis with on-site operations team
- Cash management, including bank reconciliations, forecasts, and payment approvals
- Preparation/review of accruals, prepayments, deferred income and posting of journal entries
- Preparation of turnover rent calculations and invoices
- Preparation of management fees and invoices
- Raise rent, service charge, insurance billback invoices to commercial tenants
- Intercompany reconciliation of complex group structure
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax computations
- Assist in budgeting process and review draft/final budgets compiled by operations team
- Assist with year-end audits, including preparation of subsidiary financial statements and footnotes.
- Ad hoc duties and project work as required
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting breaches of process/ policy or concerns to appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates appropriate safe behaviours in accordance with Company, property and departmental policies, procedures and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/ visitor/ resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilising other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- This role is responsible for a portfolio of student residential housing properties
- Initial scope will include financial management of 3/4 separate properties, including investment level of entities within the student residential housing portfolios.
- UK Finance Team
- Operations Team
- Property Site Teams
- Asset Management Team
- External Auditors
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Good level of general education with strong written and numerical skills
- Experience as a Property Accountant
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA (required)
- Accounting foundation background with experience in producing financial reports and entries.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and financial accounting software.
- Experience with QUBE or Yardi
- Basic understanding of VAT and real estate structures