A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join a fast-growing and innovative bio-pharmaceutical company.
They are currently located North of London, but soon relocating to West London.
You will be responsible for processing supplier invoices and staff expenses. You will also be liaising closely with all parts of the business to ensure appropriate approvals are in place as well interacting with key suppliers to resolve queries. You will provide an indispensable service to the finance team and business, and will underpin business critical systems and processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the purchase ledger in Netsuite including inputting all supplier transactions and staff expenses
- Ensuring all invoices and expenses are authorised in line with Company policy and accounted for in line with accounting standards and VAT rules
- Liaising with company suppliers, setting up new suppliers and reconciling monthly supplier statements
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and goods in notes on the online purchasing system
- Preparing regular payment runs
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by their line manager
Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years Purchase Ledger experience, ideally dealing with a high volume of invoices
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Intermediate Excel skills with experience of maintaining spreadsheets
- Netsuite experience is desirable but not essential, as is a good understanding of VAT and a background in life sciences and biotech
You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high attention to detail. You will need to be switched-on, hard-working and responsive. There is a large scope for growth and development in this role, so you will need to be ambitious and driven.
If this sounds like it could be your next opportunity then apply today.