A well-established, recognisable global retailer are looking for a Purchase Ledger Expense Assistant to join their large, fast-paced finance team.
Purpose of role:
To maintain the Stock Purchase Ledger Accounts and to ensure payments are processed within term
- Ensures all expenses invoices received are checked and processed.
- Registers, codes and posts invoices. Where there is a query, is proactively contacting the supplier and liaises with the buyer to resolve it.
- First point of contact for suppliers, maintains the accounts payable inbox.
- Obtains managers authorisation for relevant invoices.
- Responsible for weekly BACs and CHAPS payment run.
- Supports the Stock purchase ledger team to follow up and resolve queries.
- Maintains petty cash account, codes expenses and prepares monthly reconciliation.
- Responsible for company credit card reconciliation, card holders limit change requests and monthly journals.
- Prepares and posts monthly accruals journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintains supplier accounts and supplier reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly analysis of travel expenses and corporate social responsibility summary.
- Maintains weekly invoice and expense filing.
- Prepare audit sample requests.
- Any other duties consistent with this role, including general admin support where needed.
You will need at least 1 years previous Purchase Ledger experience, and experience in the Retail/FMCG sectors is preferred. You will need to be highly organised, accurate, and have excellent attention to detail. You will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills; as well as a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships. You will need to possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that you can prioritise your work load. You will need to be proactive and able to use your own initiative and work independently. You will have excellent Word, Excel an Outlook skills; and preferably be studying towards ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Please note, only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this role.