A well-established, recognisable global retailer are looking for a Purchase Ledger Stock Assistant to join their large, fast-paced finance team.
Purpose of role:
To maintain the Stock Purchase Ledger Accounts and to ensure payments are processed within term.
- Main point of contact for Stock queries, maintaining the accounts payable inbox
- Ensuring all Stock invoices are processed in timely matter by Pune stock team
- Reviewing outstanding invoices list and investigate queries
- Collaborating with warehouse and merchandise department to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Reviewing un-posted stock receipts with supply chain team
- Preparing and maintaining payment forecast for all major suppliers
- Maintaining supplier accounts and supplier reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of audit samples
Month End Reporting
- Preparing Stock Prepayments schedule and post relevant journals
- Reviewing GRN and Stock in transit accrual and post relevant journals
- Preparing Balance sheet reconciliations for all stock accounts
- Preparing monthly key supplier statement reconciliations
- Supporting Purchase Ledger Expense assistant with daily tasks
- Preparing two weekly payment run
- Preparing additional USD weekly payments
- Any other duties consistent with this role, including general admin support where needed
You will need at least 1-2 years previous Purchase Ledger experience, and experience in the Retail/FMCG sectors is preferred. You will need to be highly organised, accurate, and have excellent attention to detail. You will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills; as well as a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships. You will need to possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that you can prioritise your work load. You will need to be proactive and able to use your own initiative and work independently. You will have excellent Word, Excel an Outlook skills; and preferably be studying towards ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Please note, only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered for this role.