A global pharmaceuticals development and manufacturing biotech business based in Dublin are looking to hire a QC Director who will take full responsibility for their established QC Labs and start-up QC Biologics Lab.
The role reports into the Director of Quality and is an important leadership position within the group. You would have the QC Leads from each site reporting into you and your role would be a combination of managing and improving ongoing processes on the established sites whilst also leading the exciting start up project.
As QC Director, you would have responsibility for:
- Manage and lead site QC teams driving QC strategy and supporting commercial business requirements
- Be the subject matter expert and most senior QC Lead within the Ireland operation
- Ensure continued provision of the QC release function and act QC lead in regulatory audits
- Set the overall direction of the analytical work conducted across your group
- Full ownership for the quality of output from the QC laboratory
- Responsibility for compliance of the QC laboratory to EU & FDA standards
- To ensure the smooth transfer of analytical methodologies into the commercial QC laboratory
- Lead and support the set up and scale up of a new biologics testing lab
- To ensure growth and development by mentoring and coaching your team
- To embed a culture of continuous improvement in the QC area
- To work with all partner lines on effective delivery of product to the market
You will have the following experience:
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
- Extensive technical experience in a regulated laboratory environment to HPRA/FDA
- Management or large team supervisory experience in a lab
- Practical implementation of improvement processes and techniques in a QC lab advantageous
- Effective and proven leadership within a fast-moving environment
The salary on offer for the QC Director will be €90,000 - €100,000 with a car allowance, bonus and other great benefits. If a candidate has excellent relevant experience, then the salary can go higher.
This position is an important hire to support business growth so candidate shortlisting will take place right away. If you are considering a move and this looks like it could right next step, then please apply as soon as possible to be considered for interview. You can also contact James Ivall at Goodman Masson to discuss further.
Hope to hear from you soon.