In this role you will be the number 1 in finance for a newly launched fund. The role sits within the Real Estate division of a well known global financial services company.
Given the fund is at the fund raising stage, it will be highly acquisitive so you will work closely with the fund managers as well as setting up the fund from a finance perspective.
They are looking for someone with a strong fund accounting background within Real Estate and significant experience in this area.
- Ability to assist in technical accounting matters arising across the Funds including preparation of accounting treatment memorandums and co-ordination with corporate office of accounting policy.
- Liaison with internal and external investors with regard to the Fund portfolio providing information in respect of both investment activities and accounting matters.
- Providing support in new investment activity including due diligence procedures, providing support on establishing new investment structures, participation in negotiation with third party asset managers with respect to financial reporting and asset management responsibilities.
- Review and analysis of financial reporting provided including GAAP financial statements, cash flows, income tax reporting and other project specific reporting.
- Oversight of investment structures and activities including maintenance of on-going relationships with third party asset managers, ensuring on-going compliance with tax structuring in place and ensuring local regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Assistance with the development of accounting policies, procedures and internal control issues.
- Preparation of quarterly Fund financial reporting including quarterly reporting packages, variance analysis and budget information.
- Qualified Accountant with technical knowledge relevant to the business. Experience working in real estate industry strongly preferred. Minimum 3 years experience.
- Must have experience working under pressure with various projects and deadlines while reporting to multiple people. There will be significant interaction with joint venture partners, other internal groups, third party property managers and asset managers.
- Candidate must be proactive with issues and responsive to management. Must have the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and possess initiative, organization, problem-solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated leadership abilities are essential but also able to work well independently. Detail oriented and willing to take a hands on approach in all elements of the job.
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, budgeting, transaction analysis and review.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.